javascript editor?

  • zoney70
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2009
      Are there any (Windows platform) javascript-aware editors (syntax highlighting) out there that auto-format for jslint (such as proper indenting, automatic break on opening brace, etc.) AND capable of calling jslint on demand for syntax checking?

      Doesn't sound like too tall an order.
    • santini.alberto
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6, 2009
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "zoney70" <zoney70@...> wrote:

        > Are there any (Windows platform) javascript-aware editors (syntax highlighting) out there that auto-format for jslint (such as proper indenting, automatic break on opening brace, etc.) AND capable of calling jslint on demand for syntax checking?

        I know the following editors/ide doing that: emacs, vi, scite, aptana studio.

        Regards,
        Alberto
      • pauanyu
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 30 9:14 AM
          --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "zoney70" <zoney70@...> wrote:

          > Are there any (Windows platform) javascript-aware editors (syntax highlighting) out there that auto-format for jslint (such as proper indenting, automatic break on opening brace, etc.) AND capable of calling jslint on demand for syntax checking?
          >
          > Doesn't sound like too tall an order.

          I personally use jEdit. It has a plugin that can run JSLint on your files, either when you save, or switch files.