Re: Feature request

  • gregraven@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 18, 2009

      > Now that there is the Multi Widget, I am not going to maintain the
      > original widget.

      Pity. I MUCH prefer the way your original version works.
    • edgauci
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 4, 2009

        > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Jakob Kruse" <kruse@> wrote:
        > > Please have a look at the "JSLint Multi" widget available here:
        > >
        > > http://code.google.com/p/jslint-multi-widget/
        > >
        > > It doesn't have quite what you ask, but it does separate all the Good
        > > Parts options on one preference page, and defaults to Good Parts
        > > selected. It also monitors entire directory structures.
        >
        > Now that there is the Multi Widget, I am not going to maintain the
        > original widget.

        I don't think that Multi Widget has any way of generating a report, and the first error is usually insufficient.

        I do like Multi Widget, but it needs a way of creating a full report for a specific file. Or maybe I'm missing something obvious.
      • Jakob Kruse
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 4, 2009
          Hi

          The JSLint Multi widget will have report generation facilities in the next version. For performance reasons it always stops at the first error when loading the list (it only needs to know if each file validates or not). Since it also only displays the first error in the widget, a full parse was omitted initially. I recommend using the widget in a more "real time" manner (have it running while you edit and fix each error as the file turns red), in which case you don't really need a report, but I acknowledge that some people would still like a report, and will add it.

          Please let me know if there's anything else you would like to see in there!

          /Jakob

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 4, 2009
            Thanks Jakob. That's excellent news.

            I agree that it would be a bad idea to run a full scan for the entire list. It would work great for me if I could get it selectively file by file.

            In some cases, I don't always clean each file completely, at least not at first. For example, I don't want to disable being warned about 'debugger' lines, but I often want them in there for a while. Also, I don't think there's a way to disable 'javascript url' errors, and in my humble opinion, those aren't necessarily all evil. :)

            Thanks again.

            Ed