Re: [jslint] Feature request: exit codes

  • Daniel Cassidy
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 14, 2009
      2009/1/13 <dom@...>

      > On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 04:59:14PM +0000, Daniel Cassidy wrote:
      > > 2009/1/9 M. Lorton <mlorton@... <mlorton%40yahoo.com>>
      > > Take a look at JSLint4Java, which embeds JSLint and does what you want,
      > as
      > > well as being usable as an Ant task.
      >
      > jslint4java works, but it is in need of an update to the latest jslint.
      > Unfortunately I've left it in a bit of a state. I'm hoping to get to
      > working on it soon…

      Just copying a newer JSLint into the jar works for me.

      If you're not finding time to work on jslint4java, would you be interested
      if I offered a hand? I have been using it quite extensively and find it very
      useful -- you may recognise me, I am djcsdy on Google Code.

      Dan.

    • dom@happygiraffe.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 15, 2009
        On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 03:43:04PM +0000, Daniel Cassidy wrote:
        > 2009/1/13 <dom@...>
        >
        > > On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 04:59:14PM +0000, Daniel Cassidy wrote:
        > > > 2009/1/9 M. Lorton <mlorton@... <mlorton%40yahoo.com>>
        > > > Take a look at JSLint4Java, which embeds JSLint and does what you want,
        > > as
        > > > well as being usable as an Ant task.
        > >
        > > jslint4java works, but it is in need of an update to the latest jslint.
        > > Unfortunately I've left it in a bit of a state. I'm hoping to get to
        > > working on it soon…
        >
        > Just copying a newer JSLint into the jar works for me.

        Yes, it will do. I haven't advertised that though. :)

        The only thing is that you won't get access to the new options and so
        on (via Java). Which is not _that_ big a deal. I would like to provide
        a proper API for doing this however.

        > If you're not finding time to work on jslint4java, would you be interested
        > if I offered a hand? I have been using it quite extensively and find it very
        > useful -- you may recognise me, I am djcsdy on Google Code.

        Feel free to chip in. Probably the best way is to use github though.
        I've moved stuff there as it's far easier to fork off a copy of your own
        and work on it. Sorry, I've been truly bitten by the git bug :)

        -Dom