Re: Feature request: read from stdin

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 10, 2009
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "M. Lorton" <mlorton@...> wrote:

      > The current version of JSlint (at least on Rhino) only reads the
      > Javascript from an existing file. If it could also optionally read
      > from standard-input, I could use it in for pre-commit checking under
      SVN.

      JSLint/Rhino is composed of two files:
      http://www.JSLint.com/fulljslint.js and
      http://www.JSLint.com/rhino/rhino.js

      You don't need to change fulljslint.js, but you can make extensive
      changes to rhino.js to accomplish all of things you asked for. If it
      turns out well, please share it.
    • M. Lorton
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2009
        It turned out *really well* -- it runs literally 100 times faster --
        but I don't know how to share it. Should I just put it in a message
        here or is there an upload area? Can I check it into SVN directly?

        M.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 14, 2009
          --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "M. Lorton" <mlorton@...> wrote:

          > It turned out *really well* -- it runs literally 100 times faster --
          > but I don't know how to share it. Should I just put it in a message
          > here or is there an upload area? Can I check it into SVN directly?

          I don't want to be maintaining Rhino stuff, but I do want to encourage
          sharing between the Rhino users. So please post it here, or upload a
          file here (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/jslint_com/files) or
          post a link to a source project.