Feature request: read from stdin

  • M. Lorton
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 9, 2009
      The current version of JSlint (at least on Rhino) only reads the
      Javascript from an existing file. If it could also optionally read
      from standard-input, I could use it in for pre-commit checking under SVN.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 10, 2009
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "M. Lorton" <mlorton@...> wrote:

        > The current version of JSlint (at least on Rhino) only reads the
        > Javascript from an existing file. If it could also optionally read
        > from standard-input, I could use it in for pre-commit checking under
        SVN.

        JSLint/Rhino is composed of two files:
        http://www.JSLint.com/fulljslint.js and
        http://www.JSLint.com/rhino/rhino.js

        You don't need to change fulljslint.js, but you can make extensive
        changes to rhino.js to accomplish all of things you asked for. If it
        turns out well, please share it.
      • M. Lorton
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 12, 2009
          It turned out *really well* -- it runs literally 100 times faster --
          but I don't know how to share it. Should I just put it in a message
          here or is there an upload area? Can I check it into SVN directly?

          M.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 14, 2009
            --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "M. Lorton" <mlorton@...> wrote:

            > It turned out *really well* -- it runs literally 100 times faster --
            > but I don't know how to share it. Should I just put it in a message
            > here or is there an upload area? Can I check it into SVN directly?

            I don't want to be maintaining Rhino stuff, but I do want to encourage
            sharing between the Rhino users. So please post it here, or upload a
            file here (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/jslint_com/files) or
            post a link to a source project.