Re: Let keyword...

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 23, 2008
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "santini.alberto"
      <albertosantini@...> wrote:

      > What about "let" keyword?
      >
      > https://developer.mozilla.org/en/New_in_JavaScript_1.7
      >
      > For instance,
      >
      > for (let i = 0; i < 10; i = i + 1) {
      > // loop stuff with local variable "i"
      > }

      Of course not. let is not in the standard, and will not be in the next
      edition. If you care about standards compliance and portability, you
      will avoid it. There is no program that you can write with let that
      cannot as easily be written with var.
    • santini.alberto
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 23, 2008
        wrote:
        > will avoid it. There is no program that you can write with let that
        > cannot as easily be written with var.

        Thanks... I know that... but I saw an intensive use of let keyword in
        the Mozilla extension Ubiquity. And I learn by example... :)

        Regards,
        Alberto
      • Dion Almaer
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 23, 2008
          I guess we will have to fork jslint to have a -mozilla option ;)