Let keyword...

  • santini.alberto
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 23, 2008
      What about "let" keyword?

      https://developer.mozilla.org/en/New_in_JavaScript_1.7

      For instance,

      for (let i = 0; i < 10; i = i + 1) {
      // loop stuff with local variable "i"
      }

      Happy Christmas,
      Alberto Santini
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 23, 2008
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "santini.alberto"
        <albertosantini@...> wrote:

        > What about "let" keyword?
        >
        > https://developer.mozilla.org/en/New_in_JavaScript_1.7
        >
        > For instance,
        >
        > for (let i = 0; i < 10; i = i + 1) {
        > // loop stuff with local variable "i"
        > }

        Of course not. let is not in the standard, and will not be in the next
        edition. If you care about standards compliance and portability, you
        will avoid it. There is no program that you can write with let that
        cannot as easily be written with var.
      • santini.alberto
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 23, 2008
          wrote:
          > will avoid it. There is no program that you can write with let that
          > cannot as easily be written with var.

          Thanks... I know that... but I saw an intensive use of let keyword in
          the Mozilla extension Ubiquity. And I learn by example... :)

          Regards,
          Alberto
        • Dion Almaer
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 23, 2008
            I guess we will have to fork jslint to have a -mozilla option ;)