Re: DOM classes undefined

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2008
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Cassidy" <mail@...> wrote:
      > Shouldn't the DOM classes (Document, Element, ...) be defined when
      > assuming a browser, or is this intentional?

      My understanding is that these are not universally implemented in all
      browsers, and so represent a portability trap.
    • kaichen67@yahoo.de
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 17, 2008
        > With 'assume browser' turned on, JSLint rejects the following:

        > if (n instanceof Document) { // 'Document' is undefined
        > // ...
        > }

        > Shouldn't the DOM classes (Document, Element, ...) be defined when
        > assuming a browser, or is this intentional?

        Try this:

        alert(document);
        alert(Document);

        Javascript is case sensitive!
      • mnewton32@yahoo.ca
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 17, 2008
          Yes, JS is case sensitive; document is referring to a specific object that exists in all browsers, while Document refers to the class that object should be an instance of. IE doesn't support those standard DOM classes that the original poster is looking for.