Error handling.

  • aceblchboy
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2008
      When JSLint encounters a serious error, it stops.
      Is it possible to program in a error handling statement that breaks out
      of that block, outputs that lines x-y were not evaluated due to an
      error on line x char y?

      I hate having to use other lints due to the finicky and limited results
      output by this lint. The finicky nature of this lint is a double edged
      sword. I'm finding that I'm using The Javascript Lint to clean things
      up before running code through this lint when my code is more or less
      working.
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2008
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "aceblchboy" <aceblchboy@...> wrote:

        > When JSLint encounters a serious error, it stops.
        > Is it possible to program in a error handling statement that breaks out
        > of that block, outputs that lines x-y were not evaluated due to an
        > error on line x char y?
        >
        > I hate having to use other lints due to the finicky and limited results
        > output by this lint. The finicky nature of this lint is a double edged
        > sword. I'm finding that I'm using The Javascript Lint to clean things
        > up before running code through this lint when my code is more or less
        > working.

        Just fix your code. Hooking JSLint into your editor can be very effective.