Re: [jslint] unexpected 'escape' is undefined

  • crlender
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 7, 2008
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Douglas Crockford <douglas@...> wrote:

      > Don't use escape. Use encodeURI or encodeURIComponent instead.

      But what if the server can't handle UTF-8 encoded characters? Many
      legacy applications are stuck with escape/unescape.

      - Conrad
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 7, 2008
        crlender wrote:
        > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Douglas Crockford <douglas@...> wrote:
        >> Don't use escape. Use encodeURI or encodeURIComponent instead.
        >
        > But what if the server can't handle UTF-8 encoded characters? Many
        > legacy applications are stuck with escape/unescape.

        /*global escape */
      • michael.gollmick
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 7, 2008
          --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Douglas Crockford <douglas@...> wrote:

          > crlender wrote:
          > > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Douglas Crockford <douglas@> wrote:
          > >> Don't use escape. Use encodeURI or encodeURIComponent instead.
          > >
          > > But what if the server can't handle UTF-8 encoded characters? Many
          > > legacy applications are stuck with escape/unescape.
          >
          > /*global escape */

          absolutely - that was my solution too ;-) I just thought every browser
          implements that extension to the ECMA Script and thus expected it to
          disappear with checking the "assume a browser" option. But I was
          probably wrong.

          --
          Michael