Re: [jslint] Re: JSLint and HTML

  • Andrew Todd
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 22, 2013
      On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 11:37 AM, hemanrobinson <hemanrobinson@...>wrote:

      > **
      > For our project, embedding JavaScript in HTML is not bad practice. In
      > fact, there is no alternative. We are required to produce a single output
      > file.

      You will be better off moving to a build and templating system that pulls
      in your JavaScript source files and your HTML templates, checks them
      separately, does any minifying you want, and then combines them together.
      In this way, you are using tools designed for their tasks.

      I use Maven, the JSLint Maven plugin, and the Freemarker preprocessor Maven
      plugin for this purpose.

    • hemanrobinson
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 25, 2013
        Thanks for all the advice. We have found a workaround.

        I am sorry to lose the HTML parsing; it was a useful feature.