Re: [jslint] JSLint in Unix

  • argillaceousvis
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 17 7:47 PM
      Thank you both.

      It's good to have options. I'll probably go with node, but it's really just nice to have a JSLint I can run between Git and Vim.

      I really appreciate everyone's help and friendliness.

      -Ben

      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Dominic Mitchell <dom@...> wrote:

      > On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Michael Mikowski <z_mikowski@...>wrote:
      >
      > > As an alternative, this shell script works nicely if you have Java
      > > installed. It uses the jslint4java release from
      > > http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/ which uses Rhino. You can replace
      > > the path (/usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar)
      > > with the path to the jslint4java jar you have downloaded. I found its
      > > performance to be quite reasonable, although I expect the node.js
      > > implementation should be faster.
      > >
      > > =======================
      > > #!/bin/bash
      > >
      > > # See http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/
      > >
      > > for jsfile in $@;
      > > do /usr/bin/java \
      > > -jar /usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar \
      > > "$jsfile";
      > > done
      > >

      > You should be able to reduce this to:
      >
      > #/bin/bash
      > /usr/bin/java -jar /usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar
      > "$@"
      >

      > -Dom

    • Frederik Dohr
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 18 1:20 AM
        > have a JSLint I can run between Git and Vim

        FWIW, that's what I wrote JSLint Reporter for:
        https://github.com/FND/jslint-reporter
        (I wasn't aware of the JSLint Utils until now)

        I've added both projects to the wiki:
        https://github.com/douglascrockford/JSLint/wiki/JSLINT

        -- F.