Re: [jslint] JSLint in Unix

  • Dominic Mitchell
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 17, 2013
      On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Michael Mikowski <z_mikowski@...>wrote:

      > As an alternative, this shell script works nicely if you have Java
      > installed. It uses the jslint4java release from
      > http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/ which uses Rhino. You can replace
      > the path (/usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar)
      > with the path to the jslint4java jar you have downloaded. I found its
      > performance to be quite reasonable, although I expect the node.js
      > implementation should be faster.
      >
      > =======================
      > #!/bin/bash
      >
      > # See http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/
      >
      > for jsfile in $@;
      > do /usr/bin/java \
      > -jar /usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar \
      > "$jsfile";
      > done

      You should be able to reduce this to:

      #/bin/bash
      /usr/bin/java -jar /usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar
      "$@"

      -Dom

      > ________________________________

    • argillaceousvis
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 17, 2013
        Thank you both.

        It's good to have options. I'll probably go with node, but it's really just nice to have a JSLint I can run between Git and Vim.

        I really appreciate everyone's help and friendliness.

        -Ben

        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Dominic Mitchell <dom@...> wrote:

        > On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Michael Mikowski <z_mikowski@...>wrote:
        >
        > > As an alternative, this shell script works nicely if you have Java
        > > installed. It uses the jslint4java release from
        > > http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/ which uses Rhino. You can replace
        > > the path (/usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar)
        > > with the path to the jslint4java jar you have downloaded. I found its
        > > performance to be quite reasonable, although I expect the node.js
        > > implementation should be faster.
        > >
        > > =======================
        > > #!/bin/bash
        > >
        > > # See http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/
        > >
        > > for jsfile in $@;
        > > do /usr/bin/java \
        > > -jar /usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar \
        > > "$jsfile";
        > > done
        > >

        > You should be able to reduce this to:
        >
        > #/bin/bash
        > /usr/bin/java -jar /usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar
        > "$@"
        >

        > -Dom

      • Frederik Dohr
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 18, 2013
          > have a JSLint I can run between Git and Vim

          FWIW, that's what I wrote JSLint Reporter for:
          https://github.com/FND/jslint-reporter
          (I wasn't aware of the JSLint Utils until now)

          I've added both projects to the wiki:
          https://github.com/douglascrockford/JSLint/wiki/JSLINT

          -- F.