Re: [jslint] JSLint in Unix

  • argillaceousvis
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
      Dylon,

      This is great!

      Thank you so much!

      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Dylon Edwards <integr8e@...> wrote:

      > I maintain a fork of jslint-utils, that uses Node.js (I haven't been
      > maintaining the Rhino scripts). It may be of use to you:
      > https://github.com/dylon/jslint-utils
      >
      > Dylon
      >

      > On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM, argillaceousvis <visaudi@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > I saw that a while ago someone had made a Unix JSLint Wrapper.
      > >
      > > It looks like it hasn't been updated for quite some time.
      > >
      > > Anyone know of any projects that do this?

    • Michael Mikowski
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 17, 2013
        As an alternative, this shell script works nicely if you have Java installed.  It uses the jslint4java release from http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/ which uses Rhino.  You can replace the path  (/usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar)
        with the path to the jslint4java jar you have downloaded.  I found its performance to be quite reasonable, although I expect the node.js implementation should be faster.

        =======================
        #!/bin/bash

        # See http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/%c2%a0

        for jsfile in $@;
          do /usr/bin/java \
            -jar /usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar \
            "$jsfile";
        done

        ________________________________
        > I maintain a fork of jslint-utils, that uses Node.js (I haven't been
        > maintaining the Rhino scripts). It may be of use to you:
        > https://github.com/dylon/jslint-utils
        >
        > Dylon
        >

        > On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM, argillaceousvis <visaudi@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > I saw that a while ago someone had made a Unix JSLint Wrapper.
        > >
        > > It looks like it hasn't been updated for quite some time.
        > >
        > > Anyone know of any projects that do this?

      • Dominic Mitchell
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 17, 2013
          On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Michael Mikowski <z_mikowski@...>wrote:

          > As an alternative, this shell script works nicely if you have Java
          > installed. It uses the jslint4java release from
          > http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/ which uses Rhino. You can replace
          > the path (/usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar)
          > with the path to the jslint4java jar you have downloaded. I found its
          > performance to be quite reasonable, although I expect the node.js
          > implementation should be faster.
          >
          > =======================
          > #!/bin/bash
          >
          > # See http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/
          >
          > for jsfile in $@;
          > do /usr/bin/java \
          > -jar /usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar \
          > "$jsfile";
          > done

          You should be able to reduce this to:

          #/bin/bash
          /usr/bin/java -jar /usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar
          "$@"

          -Dom

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 17, 2013
            Thank you both.

            It's good to have options. I'll probably go with node, but it's really just nice to have a JSLint I can run between Git and Vim.

            I really appreciate everyone's help and friendliness.

            -Ben

            --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Dominic Mitchell <dom@...> wrote:

            > On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Michael Mikowski <z_mikowski@...>wrote:
            >
            > > As an alternative, this shell script works nicely if you have Java
            > > installed. It uses the jslint4java release from
            > > http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/ which uses Rhino. You can replace
            > > the path (/usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar)
            > > with the path to the jslint4java jar you have downloaded. I found its
            > > performance to be quite reasonable, although I expect the node.js
            > > implementation should be faster.
            > >
            > > =======================
            > > #!/bin/bash
            > >
            > > # See http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/
            > >
            > > for jsfile in $@;
            > > do /usr/bin/java \
            > > -jar /usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar \
            > > "$jsfile";
            > > done
            > >

            > You should be able to reduce this to:
            >
            > #/bin/bash
            > /usr/bin/java -jar /usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar
            > "$@"
            >

            > -Dom

          • Frederik Dohr
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 18, 2013
              > have a JSLint I can run between Git and Vim

              FWIW, that's what I wrote JSLint Reporter for:
              https://github.com/FND/jslint-reporter
              (I wasn't aware of the JSLint Utils until now)

              I've added both projects to the wiki:
              https://github.com/douglascrockford/JSLint/wiki/JSLINT

              -- F.