Re: [jslint] JSLint in Unix

  • Dylon Edwards
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
      I maintain a fork of jslint-utils, that uses Node.js (I haven't been
      maintaining the Rhino scripts). It may be of use to you:
      https://github.com/dylon/jslint-utils

      Dylon

      On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM, argillaceousvis <visaudi@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I saw that a while ago someone had made a Unix JSLint Wrapper.
      >
      > It looks like it hasn't been updated for quite some time.
      >
      > Anyone know of any projects that do this?

    • argillaceousvis
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
        Dylon,

        This is great!

        Thank you so much!

        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Dylon Edwards <integr8e@...> wrote:

        > I maintain a fork of jslint-utils, that uses Node.js (I haven't been
        > maintaining the Rhino scripts). It may be of use to you:
        > https://github.com/dylon/jslint-utils
        >
        > Dylon
        >

        > On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM, argillaceousvis <visaudi@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > I saw that a while ago someone had made a Unix JSLint Wrapper.
        > >
        > > It looks like it hasn't been updated for quite some time.
        > >
        > > Anyone know of any projects that do this?

      • Michael Mikowski
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 17, 2013
          As an alternative, this shell script works nicely if you have Java installed.  It uses the jslint4java release from http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/ which uses Rhino.  You can replace the path  (/usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar)
          with the path to the jslint4java jar you have downloaded.  I found its performance to be quite reasonable, although I expect the node.js implementation should be faster.

          =======================
          #!/bin/bash

          # See http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/%c2%a0

          for jsfile in $@;
            do /usr/bin/java \
              -jar /usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar \
              "$jsfile";
          done

          ________________________________
          > I maintain a fork of jslint-utils, that uses Node.js (I haven't been
          > maintaining the Rhino scripts). It may be of use to you:
          > https://github.com/dylon/jslint-utils
          >
          > Dylon
          >

          > On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM, argillaceousvis <visaudi@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > I saw that a while ago someone had made a Unix JSLint Wrapper.
          > >
          > > It looks like it hasn't been updated for quite some time.
          > >
          > > Anyone know of any projects that do this?

        • Dominic Mitchell
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 17, 2013
            On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Michael Mikowski <z_mikowski@...>wrote:

            > As an alternative, this shell script works nicely if you have Java
            > installed. It uses the jslint4java release from
            > http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/ which uses Rhino. You can replace
            > the path (/usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar)
            > with the path to the jslint4java jar you have downloaded. I found its
            > performance to be quite reasonable, although I expect the node.js
            > implementation should be faster.
            >
            > =======================
            > #!/bin/bash
            >
            > # See http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/
            >
            > for jsfile in $@;
            > do /usr/bin/java \
            > -jar /usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar \
            > "$jsfile";
            > done

            You should be able to reduce this to:

            #/bin/bash
            /usr/bin/java -jar /usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar
            "$@"

            -Dom

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 17, 2013
              Thank you both.

              It's good to have options. I'll probably go with node, but it's really just nice to have a JSLint I can run between Git and Vim.

              I really appreciate everyone's help and friendliness.

              -Ben

              --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Dominic Mitchell <dom@...> wrote:

              > On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Michael Mikowski <z_mikowski@...>wrote:
              >
              > > As an alternative, this shell script works nicely if you have Java
              > > installed. It uses the jslint4java release from
              > > http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/ which uses Rhino. You can replace
              > > the path (/usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar)
              > > with the path to the jslint4java jar you have downloaded. I found its
              > > performance to be quite reasonable, although I expect the node.js
              > > implementation should be faster.
              > >
              > > =======================
              > > #!/bin/bash
              > >
              > > # See http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/
              > >
              > > for jsfile in $@;
              > > do /usr/bin/java \
              > > -jar /usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar \
              > > "$jsfile";
              > > done
              > >

              > You should be able to reduce this to:
              >
              > #/bin/bash
              > /usr/bin/java -jar /usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar
              > "$@"
              >

              > -Dom

            • Frederik Dohr
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 18, 2013
                > have a JSLint I can run between Git and Vim

                FWIW, that's what I wrote JSLint Reporter for:
                https://github.com/FND/jslint-reporter
                (I wasn't aware of the JSLint Utils until now)

                I've added both projects to the wiki:
                https://github.com/douglascrockford/JSLint/wiki/JSLINT

                -- F.