JSLint in Unix

  • argillaceousvis
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
      I saw that a while ago someone had made a Unix JSLint Wrapper.

      It looks like it hasn't been updated for quite some time.

      Anyone know of any projects that do this?
    • Dylon Edwards
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
        I maintain a fork of jslint-utils, that uses Node.js (I haven't been
        maintaining the Rhino scripts). It may be of use to you:
        https://github.com/dylon/jslint-utils

        Dylon

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
          Dylon,

          This is great!

          Thank you so much!

          --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Dylon Edwards <integr8e@...> wrote:

          > I maintain a fork of jslint-utils, that uses Node.js (I haven't been
          > maintaining the Rhino scripts). It may be of use to you:
          > https://github.com/dylon/jslint-utils
          >
          > Dylon
          >

          > On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM, argillaceousvis <visaudi@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > I saw that a while ago someone had made a Unix JSLint Wrapper.
          > >
          > > It looks like it hasn't been updated for quite some time.
          > >
          > > Anyone know of any projects that do this?

        • Michael Mikowski
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 17, 2013
            As an alternative, this shell script works nicely if you have Java installed.  It uses the jslint4java release from http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/ which uses Rhino.  You can replace the path  (/usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar)
            with the path to the jslint4java jar you have downloaded.  I found its performance to be quite reasonable, although I expect the node.js implementation should be faster.

            =======================
            #!/bin/bash

            # See http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/%c2%a0

            for jsfile in $@;
              do /usr/bin/java \
                -jar /usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar \
                "$jsfile";
            done

            ________________________________
            > I maintain a fork of jslint-utils, that uses Node.js (I haven't been
            > maintaining the Rhino scripts). It may be of use to you:
            > https://github.com/dylon/jslint-utils
            >
            > Dylon
            >

            > On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM, argillaceousvis <visaudi@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > I saw that a while ago someone had made a Unix JSLint Wrapper.
            > >
            > > It looks like it hasn't been updated for quite some time.
            > >
            > > Anyone know of any projects that do this?

          • Dominic Mitchell
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 17, 2013
              On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Michael Mikowski <z_mikowski@...>wrote:

              > As an alternative, this shell script works nicely if you have Java
              > installed. It uses the jslint4java release from
              > http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/ which uses Rhino. You can replace
              > the path (/usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar)
              > with the path to the jslint4java jar you have downloaded. I found its
              > performance to be quite reasonable, although I expect the node.js
              > implementation should be faster.
              >
              > =======================
              > #!/bin/bash
              >
              > # See http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/
              >
              > for jsfile in $@;
              > do /usr/bin/java \
              > -jar /usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar \
              > "$jsfile";
              > done

              You should be able to reduce this to:

              #/bin/bash
              /usr/bin/java -jar /usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar
              "$@"

              -Dom

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 17, 2013
                Thank you both.

                It's good to have options. I'll probably go with node, but it's really just nice to have a JSLint I can run between Git and Vim.

                I really appreciate everyone's help and friendliness.

                -Ben

                --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Dominic Mitchell <dom@...> wrote:

                > On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Michael Mikowski <z_mikowski@...>wrote:
                >
                > > As an alternative, this shell script works nicely if you have Java
                > > installed. It uses the jslint4java release from
                > > http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/ which uses Rhino. You can replace
                > > the path (/usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar)
                > > with the path to the jslint4java jar you have downloaded. I found its
                > > performance to be quite reasonable, although I expect the node.js
                > > implementation should be faster.
                > >
                > > =======================
                > > #!/bin/bash
                > >
                > > # See http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/
                > >
                > > for jsfile in $@;
                > > do /usr/bin/java \
                > > -jar /usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar \
                > > "$jsfile";
                > > done
                > >

                > You should be able to reduce this to:
                >
                > #/bin/bash
                > /usr/bin/java -jar /usr/local/lib/jslint4java-2.0.2/jslint4java-2.0.2.jar
                > "$@"
                >

                > -Dom

              • Frederik Dohr
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 18, 2013
                  > have a JSLint I can run between Git and Vim

                  FWIW, that's what I wrote JSLint Reporter for:
                  https://github.com/FND/jslint-reporter
                  (I wasn't aware of the JSLint Utils until now)

                  I've added both projects to the wiki:
                  https://github.com/douglascrockford/JSLint/wiki/JSLINT

                  -- F.