Re: [jslint] Re: closure compiler chokes on jslint.js

  • Joseph R. Justice
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2 6:58 AM
      On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 8:39 AM, Heinz Rasched <raschedh@...> wrote:

      > > JSLint strictly conforms to the syntax of ES5.
      >
      > That information of yours got me on the right path:
      >
      > calling closure with
      >
      > --language_in ECMASCRIPT5
      >
      > solves my problem.
      > No errors are beeing thrown at me.
      >
      > --language_in defaults to ECMASCRIPT3 in which the thing in question
      > isn't allowed.

      Speaking as a non-active user of Javascript or of JSLint... I wonder
      if there's a way to specify at the beginning of a Javascript program
      file the Javascript standards level that program requires (in a
      similar spirit to how you can specify it in, for instance, the Perl
      programming language). That might reduce problems, or at least make
      it clearer what the real problem is (since a Javascript interpreter or
      compiler that does not provide that standards level could presumably
      throw an error saying "I don't support this").

      Thanks for your time. Hope this is of some use, interest. Be well.

      Joseph