Re: Recent discussions...

  • Heinz Rasched
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2 6:12 AM
      Yeah !

      I'd love to be taught the good parts of ES5.
    • Joseph R. Justice
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2 6:58 AM
        On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 8:39 AM, Heinz Rasched <raschedh@...> wrote:

        > > JSLint strictly conforms to the syntax of ES5.
        >
        > That information of yours got me on the right path:
        >
        > calling closure with
        >
        > --language_in ECMASCRIPT5
        >
        > solves my problem.
        > No errors are beeing thrown at me.
        >
        > --language_in defaults to ECMASCRIPT3 in which the thing in question
        > isn't allowed.

        Speaking as a non-active user of Javascript or of JSLint... I wonder
        if there's a way to specify at the beginning of a Javascript program
        file the Javascript standards level that program requires (in a
        similar spirit to how you can specify it in, for instance, the Perl
        programming language). That might reduce problems, or at least make
        it clearer what the real problem is (since a Javascript interpreter or
        compiler that does not provide that standards level could presumably
        throw an error saying "I don't support this").

        Thanks for your time. Hope this is of some use, interest. Be well.

        Joseph