Re: [jslint] Re: closure compiler chokes on jslint.js

  • Felix E. Klee
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2 3:32 AM
      > I think the question was whether JSLint conforms to the advice in your book.

      The book is dated.
    • Heinz Rasched
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2 5:39 AM
        > JSLint strictly conforms to the syntax of ES5.

        That information of yours got me on the right path:

        calling closure with

        --language_in ECMASCRIPT5

        solves my problem.
        No errors are beeing thrown at me.

        --language_in defaults to ECMASCRIPT3 in which the thing in question
        isn't allowed.

        Thank you !
      • IcedNet Development Team
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 2 5:51 AM
          Have brought to light another question: is there an update planned for The Good Parts?
          I for one would purchase it again, we're it updated and in any way expanded to reflect Douglas' more recent views...

          Peace,
          Dan

          > > I think the question was whether JSLint conforms to the advice in your book.
          >
          > The book is dated.

        • Heinz Rasched
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 2 6:12 AM
            Yeah !

            I'd love to be taught the good parts of ES5.
          • Joseph R. Justice
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 2 6:58 AM
              On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 8:39 AM, Heinz Rasched <raschedh@...> wrote:

              > > JSLint strictly conforms to the syntax of ES5.
              >
              > That information of yours got me on the right path:
              >
              > calling closure with
              >
              > --language_in ECMASCRIPT5
              >
              > solves my problem.
              > No errors are beeing thrown at me.
              >
              > --language_in defaults to ECMASCRIPT3 in which the thing in question
              > isn't allowed.

              Speaking as a non-active user of Javascript or of JSLint... I wonder
              if there's a way to specify at the beginning of a Javascript program
              file the Javascript standards level that program requires (in a
              similar spirit to how you can specify it in, for instance, the Perl
              programming language). That might reduce problems, or at least make
              it clearer what the real problem is (since a Javascript interpreter or
              compiler that does not provide that standards level could presumably
              throw an error saying "I don't support this").

              Thanks for your time. Hope this is of some use, interest. Be well.

              Joseph