parseInt "Missing radix parameter" warning message

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27, 2013
      Having just gotten bitten by this and not realizing the implications, could we have the message:

      Missing radix parameter.

      changed to something more alarming like:

      Missing radix parameter: LEADING ZEROS WILL BE TREATED AS OCTAL!

      note: maybe 8 exclamation points would be appropriate here
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 27, 2013
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <rpeyser47@...> wrote:

        > Having just gotten bitten by this and not realizing the implications, could we have the message:
        >
        > Missing radix parameter.
        >
        > changed to something more alarming like:
        >
        > Missing radix parameter: LEADING ZEROS WILL BE TREATED AS OCTAL!
        >
        > note: maybe 8 exclamation points would be appropriate here

        Perhaps there should be a general warning attached to every warning:

        If you ignore JSLint's advice, you may get bitten.
      • benquarmby
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 27, 2013
          This is not official, so your mileage may vary, but there is a project to provide some background for JSLint's rules -
          http://jslinterrors.com/

          Although DC is right... you should have followed JSLint's advice either way :P