Re: [jslint] es5

  • Felix E. Klee
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 20 6:14 AM
      On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 11:36 PM, douglascrockford
      <douglas@...> wrote:
      > JSLint now requires an ECMAScript Fifth Edition engine to run. It will
      > continue to evaluate programs written for ES3 or ES5.

      Any idea what is a good method to run JSLint offline on Windows (for
      live linting in EMACS)? Can it be run with Node.js?

      So far I have been using [jslint-for-wsh][1], but that stopped working
      properly already some weeks ago, at least when used with EMACS. The
      issue: errors are reported on the wrong lines

      [1]: http://code.google.com/p/jslint-for-wsh/
    • benquarmby
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 21 6:28 PM
        Understandable requirement.

        I guess the authors of the Visual Studio plugin (which we use in our dev workflow) will need to figure out another way to run JSLint. It currently uses WSH.

        > JSLint now requires an ECMAScript Fifth Edition engine to run. It will continue to evaluate programs written for ES3 or ES5.

      • Luke Page
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 21 11:05 PM
          The vs 2008 plugin uses wsh but I wrote the plugins for 2010 and 2012 and
          those use v8 wrapped in c#.

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 22 4:25 PM
            Awesome. Our shop has just upgraded to 2012, so it looks like its business as usual :)