es5

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 19, 2013
      JSLint now requires an ECMAScript Fifth Edition engine to run. It will continue to evaluate programs written for ES3 or ES5.
    • Felix E. Klee
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 20, 2013
        On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 11:36 PM, douglascrockford
        <douglas@...> wrote:
        > JSLint now requires an ECMAScript Fifth Edition engine to run. It will
        > continue to evaluate programs written for ES3 or ES5.

        Any idea what is a good method to run JSLint offline on Windows (for
        live linting in EMACS)? Can it be run with Node.js?

        So far I have been using [jslint-for-wsh][1], but that stopped working
        properly already some weeks ago, at least when used with EMACS. The
        issue: errors are reported on the wrong lines

        [1]: http://code.google.com/p/jslint-for-wsh/
      • benquarmby
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 21, 2013
          Understandable requirement.

          I guess the authors of the Visual Studio plugin (which we use in our dev workflow) will need to figure out another way to run JSLint. It currently uses WSH.

          > JSLint now requires an ECMAScript Fifth Edition engine to run. It will continue to evaluate programs written for ES3 or ES5.

        • Luke Page
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 21, 2013
            The vs 2008 plugin uses wsh but I wrote the plugins for 2010 and 2012 and
            those use v8 wrapped in c#.

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 22, 2013
              Awesome. Our shop has just upgraded to 2012, so it looks like its business as usual :)