Re: var window;

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2012
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "jontro123" <jonas@...> wrote:

      > The following code causes an error in internet explorer:
      >
      > var window;
      >
      > "SCRPT5039: Redeclaration of const property line 1 character 1"
      >
      > For us it would be useful if jslint can detect this case and give us an error if the assume browser option is checked.

      It causes no harm on all of the other browsers. I recommend that you report it to Microsoft instead.

      For over a decade we have tried to work around IE's failings. As a result, Microsoft apparently found little need to fix this stuff. So I won't do it any more. If something works everywhere except on IE, then let it fail.

      Not everyone has the freedom to do that, but I do, and I am exercising that right as a Programming American.
    • Joe Hansche
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 19, 2012
        Hallelujah.