option.cap

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 17, 2012
      The Tolerate HTML Case option was one of the first options added to JSLint. HTML tags were originally written in upper case, but tastes changed and now they are written in lower case.

      The option was added to help manage the transition. But that was over a decade ago. I think it is time to remove the option.

      Is anyone still relying on it?
    • Felix E. Klee
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 18, 2012
        On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 3:23 AM, douglascrockford
        <douglas@...> wrote:
        > HTML tags were originally written in upper case, but tastes changed
        > and now they are written in lower case.

        Furthermore, in XHTML tags have to be in lower case:

        <http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#h-4.2>