Re: Unrecognized tags

  • cse_html_validator
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 15, 2012

      > What tag?

      The "marquee" tag. Yes, it's a "bad" tag, and I've suggested they use the CSS marquee properties instead, but I suspect they would prefer to address more serious issues first, and leave this for later while still being able to use JSLint.

      I do not think JSLint should abort/stop when it finds an unknown tag. It seems a bit severe.

      I think that an option to allow user specified tags would be of practical use for some.
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 17, 2012
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "cse_html_validator" <alhome@...> wrote:

        > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "douglascrockford" <douglas@> wrote:
        > >
        > > What tag?
        > >

        > The "marquee" tag. Yes, it's a "bad" tag, and I've suggested they use the CSS marquee properties instead, but I suspect they would prefer to address more serious issues first, and leave this for later while still being able to use JSLint.
        >
        > I do not think JSLint should abort/stop when it finds an unknown tag. It seems a bit severe.
        >
        > I think that an option to allow user specified tags would be of practical use for some.

        Please try it now.
      • cse_html_validator
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 19, 2012

          > Please try it now.