Re: Unrecognized tags

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 13, 2012
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "cse_html_validator" <alhome@...> wrote:

      > Is there a way to get JSLint to recognize new tags via an option?
      >
      > I have a customer who can't make as good use of JSLint in CSE HTML Validator because it is aborting on a tag it doesn't like, but the user is sure they want to use that tag, for now anyway.

      What tag?
    • cse_html_validator
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 15, 2012

        > What tag?

        The "marquee" tag. Yes, it's a "bad" tag, and I've suggested they use the CSS marquee properties instead, but I suspect they would prefer to address more serious issues first, and leave this for later while still being able to use JSLint.

        I do not think JSLint should abort/stop when it finds an unknown tag. It seems a bit severe.

        I think that an option to allow user specified tags would be of practical use for some.
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 17, 2012
          --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "cse_html_validator" <alhome@...> wrote:

          > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "douglascrockford" <douglas@> wrote:
          > >
          > > What tag?
          > >

          > The "marquee" tag. Yes, it's a "bad" tag, and I've suggested they use the CSS marquee properties instead, but I suspect they would prefer to address more serious issues first, and leave this for later while still being able to use JSLint.
          >
          > I do not think JSLint should abort/stop when it finds an unknown tag. It seems a bit severe.
          >
          > I think that an option to allow user specified tags would be of practical use for some.

          Please try it now.
        • cse_html_validator
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 19, 2012

            > Please try it now.