Unrecognized tags

  • cse_html_validator
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 13, 2012
      Is there a way to get JSLint to recognize new tags via an option?

      I have a customer who can't make as good use of JSLint in CSE HTML Validator because it is aborting on a tag it doesn't like, but the user is sure they want to use that tag, for now anyway.

      I searched this forum and the documentation and couldn't find anything.
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 13, 2012
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "cse_html_validator" <alhome@...> wrote:

        > Is there a way to get JSLint to recognize new tags via an option?
        >
        > I have a customer who can't make as good use of JSLint in CSE HTML Validator because it is aborting on a tag it doesn't like, but the user is sure they want to use that tag, for now anyway.

        What tag?
      • cse_html_validator
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 15, 2012

          > What tag?

          The "marquee" tag. Yes, it's a "bad" tag, and I've suggested they use the CSS marquee properties instead, but I suspect they would prefer to address more serious issues first, and leave this for later while still being able to use JSLint.

          I do not think JSLint should abort/stop when it finds an unknown tag. It seems a bit severe.

          I think that an option to allow user specified tags would be of practical use for some.
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 17, 2012
            --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "cse_html_validator" <alhome@...> wrote:

            > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "douglascrockford" <douglas@> wrote:
            > >
            > > What tag?
            > >

            > The "marquee" tag. Yes, it's a "bad" tag, and I've suggested they use the CSS marquee properties instead, but I suspect they would prefer to address more serious issues first, and leave this for later while still being able to use JSLint.
            >
            > I do not think JSLint should abort/stop when it finds an unknown tag. It seems a bit severe.
            >
            > I think that an option to allow user specified tags would be of practical use for some.

            Please try it now.
          • cse_html_validator
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 19, 2012

              > Please try it now.