Re: return [expression] -> "unable to continue"

  • crlender
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2008
      wrote:
      > > The following example causes the JSLint parser to fail:
      >
      > I think by "fail" you meant that it succeeded in finding the weakness
      > in your code.

      No, I meant "fail" as in "couldn't continue parsing the source".
      If it finds a weakness, it should issue a warning and move on.

      > This is explained in the documentation. When = is used in an
      > expression, there is a high likelihood that it is an error caused by
      > mistyping == or ===.

      Ah, now I see where this is coming from, and you've got a point. I
      always use extra parens when an assignment could be misunderstood
      as a test. Thanks for the explanation.

      - Conrad