Re: [jslint] Getting Crockford's 'supplant' past JSLint

  • Felix E. Klee
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 21, 2012
      On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 4:33 AM, Martin Cooper <mfncooper@...>
      wrote:
      > So how do I turn these warnings off?

      Escaping `{` and `}` (`\{`, `\}`) doesn't do the trick?
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 21, 2012
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Martin Cooper <mfncooper@...> wrote:

        > On Mr Crockford's Remedial JavaScript page:
        >
        > http://javascript.crockford.com/remedial.html
        >
        > near the bottom, there is a little function called 'supplant' that
        > looks like this:
        >
        > if (!String.prototype.supplant) {
        > String.prototype.supplant = function (o) {
        > return this.replace(/{([^{}]*)}/g,
        > function (a, b) {
        > var r = o[b];
        > return typeof r === 'string' || typeof r === 'number' ? r : a;
        > }
        > );
        > };
        > }
        >
        > The problem is, I cannot find a way to get JSLint to allow me to use
        > this code. No matter what options I choose, I get:
        >
        > Unescaped '{'.
        > return this.replace(/{([^{}]*)}/g,
        > Unescaped '}'.
        > return this.replace(/{([^{}]*)}/g,
        >
        > So how do I turn these warnings off? It seems odd that I can't get Mr
        > Crockford's own code to pass muster in JSLint.

        Thanks. I corrected that.

        My view on good JS style continues to evolve as I learn more about the language, thanks primarily to all of you who provide a constant stream of examples of how susceptible this language is to easily avoidable errors. I try to keep my code up to snuff. I missed this nugget buried in an old html file.