JSLint, unary +, and array subscripts

  • Josh Jordan
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 18, 2012
      I expect jslint to accept the following two-line code snippet, but
      instead it gives the error "Unexpected '['". What am I doing wrong?

      ===JSLINT INPUT===
      var a = ["1"], b;
      b = +a[0];

      ===JSLINT OUTPUT===
      Unexpected '['. (line 2, character 7)
      b = +a[0];
    • Jakob Kruse
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 18, 2012
        Might I suggest that you try rewriting your code so that when read, it makes sense. Maybe then JSLint will stop complaining?

        /Jakob

        _____

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 18, 2012
          b = +a[0];

          b = Number(a[0]);
          OR
          b = a[0];

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 18, 2012
            --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Josh Jordan <therealjoshjordan@...> wrote:

            > I expect jslint to accept the following two-line code snippet, but
            > instead it gives the error "Unexpected '['". What am I doing wrong?
            >
            > ===JSLINT INPUT===
            > var a = ["1"], b;
            > b = +a[0];
            >
            > ===JSLINT OUTPUT===