Modifications I've made.

  • jpdavenportjr
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 12, 2008
      Here at the US Courts we use YUI for our electronic case management
      system, and recently use JLint to clean up our JavaScript code.

      Although I personally prefer spaces for indentation over tabs, all the
      other programmers here prefer tabs, so I changed my copy of the JLint
      code to first change tabs to four spaces before processing. A better
      change would be to have an option for spaces versus tabs.

      Our software is called "CMECF". YUI has the YAHOO object, and I
      created the CMECF object, so I added the option to "Assume CMECF object."

      I tolerate eval by default because I eval JSON objects. But if others
      have found that parseJSON is sufficiently fast, I might change. Views?

      Douglas, thank you for a very helpful tool.
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 12, 2008
        JSLint also replaces tabs with 4 spaces.

        I can't recommend use of eval. Instead, try http://www.JSON.org/json2.js