Re: [jslint] Re: Yahoo going under?

  • Daniel Cassidy
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2008
      On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Jakob Kruse <kruse@...> wrote:
      >> Yahoo! is still operating and profitable. I don't see any reason to
      >> move at this time.
      >
      > They might be "still operating", but a great number of people,
      > including at least one of my friends who is signed up for the JSON
      > group, have been unable to login to Yahoo for several weeks. Do a
      > search on the matter and you will find many other people in similar
      > circumstances. Every attempt at getting some support have thus far failed.
      >
      > Having a login-protected group on a network where login is impossible
      > does not make sense. Not to me at least (although I am obviously able
      > to log in - it seems to be a problem related to relatively new Yahoo
      > accounts - create a new account, logout, and chances are you will not
      > be able to login again).

      You can read and post messages to the JSLint group with any email
      account, although the option is well hidden. I am doing this precisely
      because I spent nearly an hour trying to create a Yahoo! account
      without success.

      The group then works like any mailing list. This is detailed at the
      bottom of the JSLint group page at
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/jslint_com/ (just above the blue
      'Join now' button -- which will get you nowhere fast).

      Dan.