Re: Yahoo going under?

  • Jakob Kruse
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2008
      > Yahoo! is still operating and profitable. I don't see any reason to
      > move at this time.

      They might be "still operating", but a great number of people,
      including at least one of my friends who is signed up for the JSON
      group, have been unable to login to Yahoo for several weeks. Do a
      search on the matter and you will find many other people in similar
      circumstances. Every attempt at getting some support have thus far failed.

      Having a login-protected group on a network where login is impossible
      does not make sense. Not to me at least (although I am obviously able
      to log in - it seems to be a problem related to relatively new Yahoo
      accounts - create a new account, logout, and chances are you will not
      be able to login again).

      I have also developed a new and more advanced JSLint widget for the
      Yahoo Widget engine. It has now been pending approval for two weeks,
      which is apparently nothing compared to many others (see the forum there).

      Two weeks with absolutely no response from a company such as Yahoo is
      way too long. People are running away. Me included.

      /Jakob
    • Daniel Cassidy
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 29, 2008
        On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Jakob Kruse <kruse@...> wrote:
        >> Yahoo! is still operating and profitable. I don't see any reason to
        >> move at this time.
        >
        > They might be "still operating", but a great number of people,
        > including at least one of my friends who is signed up for the JSON
        > group, have been unable to login to Yahoo for several weeks. Do a
        > search on the matter and you will find many other people in similar
        > circumstances. Every attempt at getting some support have thus far failed.
        >
        > Having a login-protected group on a network where login is impossible
        > does not make sense. Not to me at least (although I am obviously able
        > to log in - it seems to be a problem related to relatively new Yahoo
        > accounts - create a new account, logout, and chances are you will not
        > be able to login again).

        You can read and post messages to the JSLint group with any email
        account, although the option is well hidden. I am doing this precisely
        because I spent nearly an hour trying to create a Yahoo! account
        without success.

        The group then works like any mailing list. This is detailed at the
        bottom of the JSLint group page at
        http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/jslint_com/ (just above the blue
        'Join now' button -- which will get you nowhere fast).

        Dan.