Re: Yahoo going under?

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29 6:00 AM

      > I would like to suggest that the JSLINT group moves to somewhere
      > that's more accessible. Recently colleagues of mine have been unable
      > to sign in to Yahoo at all (and so to participate in Yahoo Groups).
      > Support is non-existant. Yahoo Widgets has been dead for weeks now and
      > Yahoo Mail is reportedly having serious problems.
      >
      > Might it be time to move this forum to a place that actually works?

      Yahoo! is still operating and profitable. I don't see any reason to
      move at this time.
    • Jakob Kruse
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 29 6:20 AM
        > Yahoo! is still operating and profitable. I don't see any reason to
        > move at this time.

        They might be "still operating", but a great number of people,
        including at least one of my friends who is signed up for the JSON
        group, have been unable to login to Yahoo for several weeks. Do a
        search on the matter and you will find many other people in similar
        circumstances. Every attempt at getting some support have thus far failed.

        Having a login-protected group on a network where login is impossible
        does not make sense. Not to me at least (although I am obviously able
        to log in - it seems to be a problem related to relatively new Yahoo
        accounts - create a new account, logout, and chances are you will not
        be able to login again).

        I have also developed a new and more advanced JSLint widget for the
        Yahoo Widget engine. It has now been pending approval for two weeks,
        which is apparently nothing compared to many others (see the forum there).

        Two weeks with absolutely no response from a company such as Yahoo is
        way too long. People are running away. Me included.

        /Jakob
      • Daniel Cassidy
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 29 7:51 AM
          On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Jakob Kruse <kruse@...> wrote:
          >> Yahoo! is still operating and profitable. I don't see any reason to
          >> move at this time.
          >
          > They might be "still operating", but a great number of people,
          > including at least one of my friends who is signed up for the JSON
          > group, have been unable to login to Yahoo for several weeks. Do a
          > search on the matter and you will find many other people in similar
          > circumstances. Every attempt at getting some support have thus far failed.
          >
          > Having a login-protected group on a network where login is impossible
          > does not make sense. Not to me at least (although I am obviously able
          > to log in - it seems to be a problem related to relatively new Yahoo
          > accounts - create a new account, logout, and chances are you will not
          > be able to login again).

          You can read and post messages to the JSLint group with any email
          account, although the option is well hidden. I am doing this precisely
          because I spent nearly an hour trying to create a Yahoo! account
          without success.

          The group then works like any mailing list. This is detailed at the
          bottom of the JSLint group page at
          http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/jslint_com/ (just above the blue
          'Join now' button -- which will get you nowhere fast).

          Dan.