Re: Option to ignore lines

  • crlender
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 27, 2008
      wrote:
      > I recommend that you fix your code instead of documenting that it is
      > intentionally defective.

      Stephen is correct, I'm not talking about "defective code".
      I'm talking about cases where my idea of good style clashes with
      your recommendations. Case in point, just today I sent a message
      to this group about JSLint issuing warnings about perfectly legal
      and valid regular expressions (for example the character classes
      [^{}] and [#+-]). Your response was to escape the curly brackets
      and the minus sign anyway, even though it wasn't necessary or
      required. This has nothing to do with safe programming habits,
      it's a question of style (or habit) at best. In my opinion,
      unnecessary escaping is a Bad Idea; it reduces readability and
      can thus be a source of errors.

      I didn't expect you to like the idea of /*jslint:ignore*/, but I
      thought I'd ask here before I implemented it myself. We're using
      a wrapper for JSLint on the command line anyway (we're using
      SpiderMonkey instead of Rhino, and have added support for command
      line options and local configuration files), and an output filter
      will be trivial to add.

      - Conrad