JSLint stops on "for (var ..."

  • Deva Satyam
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19, 2012
      Even if you allow multiple var declaration, JSLint stops when if finds a variable defined within a for ().

      The problem is not so much that it reports an issue that you told it to dismiss but that it stops scanning.

      My job often involves advising other developers on how to improve their code and it is far easier for me if I can get a full listing at once. I prefer to teach them using the code they wrote themselves and if I cannot get a decent error report, I cannot do it. Fixing the error so as to be able to carry on distracts the audience and it doesn't guaranty that it will not stop a few lines after the one I fixed.
    • Joe Hansche
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 23, 2012
        One of the problems with this, is if the bug puts the interpreted state of
        the code into an inconsistent state.. Jslint might not be able to continue
        interpreting the code in a sane way, so aborting is kind of the only
        reasonable thing to do (in *some* cases)