Re: [jslint] Re: Request for warning on TODOs

  • Martin Cooper
    Message 1 of 7 , May 31, 2012
      On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 6:43 PM, Michael S. Mikowski
      <z_mikowski@...> wrote:
      > If you are using web storm or perhaps other ide (like vim with syntax) its already highlighted. As much as I love jslint, I feel this is beyond its original intent and redundant with other tools.  For the same reason I do not use jslint's style checking.

      I agree, a linting tool should stick to static analysis of the code.
      It shouldn't be trying to interpret my comments. That would be
      overreaching, IMO. There are other tools that will point out to-do
      items, manage your doc comments, verify copyright notices, etc. And
      even if you don't have any other tools, plain old grep does a fine job
      of locating to-do comments and showing you file and line.

      --
      Martin Cooper