Re: test

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 6 , May 10, 2012
      I like the new tri-state options. These are much easier to understand than the old ones.

      The "Clear Options" button sets "Indentation" and "Maximum number of errors" to the value "undefined."

      The "Select JSLint Directive" button sometimes works and sometimes does not work. It seems to work best if there is already some selection on the page. If there is no current selection, it sometimes fails to select the directive.

      There are six images that resolve to 404: Not Found. These are the six logos found in the footer.

      The "Properties" report appears in a text area with a scroll bar. The scroll bar seems unfortunate. I think it would be better without a scroll bar.

      I encountered a situation in which the "Clear" button on the "Error" report would cease to function. However, I cannot seem to reproduce the problem reliably. It happens most often if I hit the JSLint button, then do some other action that is not "Clear," then attempt to "Clear."

      I am testing in Chrome 18.0.1025.168.

      Thanks for your work on this! The new interface looks very promising!

      - Chris

      Message 2 of 6 , May 10, 2012
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Merlin" <g7awz@...> wrote:

        > I note that you have removed the "Assume a Yahoo! Widget" option from the UI.
        >
        > I am not unduly bothered by that, but hope that you will leave that option and associated code in JSLint itself so that those (few?) of us who are still building Yahoo! Widgets will not be denied the use of JSLint.

        Yahoo itself is not longer supporting widgets, so I don't think I need to support them too. You can use option.predef or /*globals*/ to specify the widget api.

        /*global alert: true, animator: true, appleScript: true, beep: true, bytesToUIString: true, Canvas: true, chooseColor: true, chooseFile: true, chooseFolder: true, closeWidget: true, COM: true, convertPathToHFS: true, convertPathToPlatform: true, CustomAnimation: true, escape: true, FadeAnimation: true, filesystem: true, Flash: true, focusWidget: true, form: true, FormField: true, Frame: true, HotKey: true, Image: true, include: true, isApplicationRunning: true, iTunes: true, konfabulatorVersion: true, log: true, md5: true, MenuItem: true, MoveAnimation: true, openURL: true, play: true, Point: true, popupMenu: true, preferenceGroups: true, preferences: true, print: true, prompt: true, random: true, Rectangle: true, reloadWidget: true, ResizeAnimation: true, resolvePath: true, resumeUpdates: true, RotateAnimation: true, runCommand: true, runCommandInBg: true, saveAs: true, savePreferences: true, screen: true, ScrollBar: true, showWidgetPreferences: true, sleep: true, speak: true, Style: true, suppressUpdates: true, system: true, tellWidget: true, Text: true, TextArea: true, Timer: true, unescape: true, updateNow: true, URL: true, Web: true, widget: true, Window: true, XMLDOM: true, XMLHttpRequest: true, yahooCheckLogin: true, yahooLogin: true, yahooLogout: true */
      • Kirk Cerny
        Message 3 of 6 , May 10, 2012
          Thanks.
          This looks good.

          Kirk Cerny

        • Luke Page
          Message 4 of 6 , May 10, 2012
            Disclaimer: I am no fan of Microsoft. but...

            The page looks bad on IE9 because the #JSLINT_ ID selector is not
            being interpreted right (something to do with the trailing underscore). It
            is not being interpreted right because IE9 is using Quirks mode.

            I think it is using quirks mode because you are missing a doctype. I don't
            think its fair to blame IE for trying to guess what flavour of HTML you are
            using when it is unspecified in the pages HTML...