[Re: JSLint validation page has HTML issues

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 23, 2008
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Lorrain" <yahoo@...> wrote:

      > Ok now I understand your answer.
      > You said that type is not mandatory with <script>.
      >
      > It seems that now we should use type="application/javascript"
      > and not anymore type="text/javascript"
      >
      > http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4329.txt
      >
      > So Ok to not add the type property to the <script> but the DOCTYPE is
      > still missing.

      I do not believe in DOCTYPE. Like much of the W3C stack, it is a
      well-intentioned blunder.
    • Fred Lorrain
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2008
        wrote:

        > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Lorrain" <yahoo@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Ok now I understand your answer.
        > > You said that type is not mandatory with <script>.
        > >
        > > It seems that now we should use type="application/javascript"
        > > and not anymore type="text/javascript"
        > >
        > > http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4329.txt
        > >
        > > So Ok to not add the type property to the <script> but the DOCTYPE is
        > > still missing.
        >
        > I do not believe in DOCTYPE. Like much of the W3C stack, it is a
        > well-intentioned blunder.

        Application/javascript is not working with IE.
        I will them continue to use and to recommend type="text/javascript" in
        every <script>

        About DOCTYPE, all HTML validators want it. There is a huge impact on
        your page if you use it or not.
        I recommend to use the right one on every pages.