Reserved words

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 17 11:07 AM
      The ECMAScript standard reserves the following words:

      abstract boolean byte char double final float implements int interface
      long native package private protected public short static synchronized
      throws transient volatile

      None of those words are actually reserved by the 4 current browsers.
      They will not be reserved in the next edition of the ECMAScript
      standard. So I want to unreserved them in JSLint.

      Will this cause a problem for other implentations of ECMAScript? In
      particular, could that be a problem for Rhino?
      Message 2 of 4 , May 28, 2009
        ES3 had a huge reserved word list. The ES5 reserved words list will be much smaller:

        class const enum export extends import implements
        interface let package private protected public
        static super yield
        Message 3 of 4 , May 28, 2009

          > ES3 had a huge reserved word list. The ES5 reserved words list will be much smaller:
          >
          > class const enum export extends import implements
          > interface let package private protected public
          > static super yield

          To be clear, these are the words that are reserved that are not actually used in the language. They might be used in a future edition.
        • Michael Lorton
          Message 4 of 4 , May 28, 2009
            Ah, I was wondering what had happened to "var".

            I thought "let" was going to declare block-scoped variables. Guess not.

            M.

            Sent from my iPhone