Re: Ending CSS block with semicolon

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2012
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "cse_html_validator" <alhome@...> wrote:

      > JSLint wants CSS blocks to end in semicolons, like this:

      > #eid{color:navy}
      >
      > It's perfectly OK to not have a semicolon in "{color:navy}".

      I recommend that you follow JSLint's advice.
    • Doc Emmett Splendid
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2012
        This is a difference between maintainable CSS (which should follow a very strict format) and ~minified~ CSS. Just as JSLint won't pass minified JS (which would also be written with a missing semicolon in the same essential location), it won't, and should not, pass minified CSS.

        -- DES

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2012
          It is less effective to lint minified or processed code as anything you discover usually can't be repaired in its current format. Also note that JSLint's CSS support is pretty rudimentary. Csslint.net is a similar tool for CSS.

          Rob