Re: [jslint] JSLinting HTML document with HTML comment at start

  • cse_html_validator
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2012
      Also, what if the comment is a server macro or something that will be processed by the server so it doesn't show up to the end user? Is JSLint useless for this case? I would hope not.

      > Thanks for the information on using comments before the DOCTYPE.
      >
      > However, it seems there is no solution to this if one decides they want or need to use comments before the DOCTYPE? Is there anyway to tell JSLint to accept it?
      >
      > Albert

    • Sean Kelly
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2012
        Personally, I prefer to fix my code to follow JSLint's recommendations.
        That said, I also put all my Javascript in .js files and include them using
        script tags so JSLint does not check my HTML, it checks my JavaScript.

        SeanK