RE: ECCN required for JSLint

  • Vardhan,Sree
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 18, 2012
      Dear Vendor,

      Please provide an update on ECCN for the product JSLint.

      Thanks,

      Sree
      OAI-sys, Application Development and Testing Tools
      Travelers Insurance.
      HPSM Workgroup: APP-ENT-SOFTWARE-TOOLS
      svardhan@...<mailto:svardhan@...>

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 18, 2012
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Vardhan,Sree" <svardhan@...> wrote:
        > Dear Vendor,
        >
        > Please provide an update on ECCN for the product JSLint.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Sree

        Dear Sree,

        In this relationship, I am not a vendor. I have never submitted an invoice to you. You have never paid a penny to me. I am an Open Source Software Developer. I have developed programs and components that some people have found useful. I make my software available to all the people in the world for free, with no expectation of anything in return.

        Because my free software is distributed on the Internet, it may be received by people who will use it for evil purposes. That is why the source of the program includes this condition of use:

        The software shall be used for good, not evil.

        I will not secure an ECCN for JSLint unless someone provides an overwhelmingly powerful financial incentive.

        Yours in earnest!

        Douglas Crockford