Re: Is it safe to use JSMin to minify css?

  • Jérôme DESPATIS
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 20, 2011
      Well I answer to myself:

      The answer is no, here is some css minified by JSMin:
      .djfc-YT{background-position:-44px-170px;width:17px;height:12px;}

      there should be a space between -44px and -170px

      So I guess JSMin is to minify js and only js

      You confirm?

      Thanks for your help

      --
      Jérôme Despatis
      jerome@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 21, 2011
        Jerome,

        Native JSMin does not support CSS. My custom fork of JSMin fully supports CSS and provides semicolon insertion for JavaScript minification. You can find my custom fork at two following locations:

        * http://prettydiff.com/fulljsmin.js
        * https://github.com/austincheney/Pretty-Diff/blob/master/fulljsmin.js

        You can test it at: http://prettydiff.com/?m=minify

        Austin