Re: Indentation Error

  • Merlin
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 8, 2011
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "m_blasz" <blasz_2000@...> wrote:
      ... The next line should be indented 8 spaces."

      This is no longer correct. The next line should be indented by the number of spaces defined in the indent option (by default 4).

      JSLint is behaving correctly.
    • m_blasz
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 8, 2011
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Merlin" <g7awz@...> wrote:

        > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "m_blasz" <blasz_2000@> wrote:
        > ... The next line should be indented 8 spaces."
        >
        > This is no longer correct. The next line should be indented by the number of spaces defined in the indent option (by default 4).
        >
        > JSLint is behaving correctly.

        Any reference/reason to why it's no longer correct? I've seen it used in other languages.
      • Merlin
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 8, 2011
          --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "m_blasz" <blasz_2000@...> wrote:

          > Any reference/reason to why it's no longer correct? I've seen it used in other languages.

          The basic idea is to indent continuation lines so that they are recognised as such.

          The standard indentation in JSLint is (by default) four spaces (set in the indent option).

          The style rules are (out)dated.

          JSLint is a continuously evolving program - sometimes the documentation lags a little.

          Most changes (and bugs) are reported or discussed on this newsgroup.