Re: CSS

  • Jordan
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 7, 2008
      wrote:

      > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Jordan" <ljharb@> wrote:
      > > I know these are all browser hacks, but I'd love to hear your
      > > thoughts.
      >
      > I feel like I've opened a can of worms. I'm not confident that a
      Code
      > Quality tool makes sense for CSS. The fact that a form is tolerated
      by
      > only one brand of browser should indicate that the form should be
      > avoided. But for CSS, it becomes a best practice.

      Very good point... the problem is that in Javascript, functionality in
      "forms that should be avoided" can be accomplished a variety of ways.
      In CSS, quite a lot of functionality can only be accessed with those
      deprecated forms.

      While I'm also not confident that a code quality tool makes sense, a
      tool that checks CSS for validity based on a subset of browsers, and
      reports which features work for which browsers, and eases creating
      browser hacks, would be very useful. Also, anytime validators/lints
      exist, I run them on my code fanatically.