RE: [jslint] Re: Unexpected ' '.

  • Rob Richardson
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 21, 2011
      This works nicely for me:

      #!/bin/sh
      cat - | sed s/[ \t]+$//g > &1

      Rob

      -----Original Message-----
      From: jslint_com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:jslint_com@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of mocthadoohay
      Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 11:41 AM
      To: jslint_com@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [jslint] Re: Unexpected ' '.

      Answering my own question: TextMate: Bundles: Text: Converting/Stripping:
      Remove Trailing Spaces in Document

      Looks like a must before running thru JSLint.

      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "mocthadoohay" <mocthadoohay@...> wrote:

      > I'm using TextMate. Does anyone know of an automated way to remove extra
      whitespace from lines? It would be incredibly time consuming to do it
      manually.

      > Also, why is this error not optional if "Tolerate messy white space" is an
      option?

      > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Robocoder (TM)" <apang@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Remove all trailing whitespace (tabs and/or spaces) from the ends of
      lines.

      > > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "mocthadoohay" <mocthadoohay@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I've been working on a JS file for a week or so with frequent trips
      thru JSLint along the way. Today, I getting tons of errors that look like
      this:

      > > > Problem at line 243 character 62: Unexpected ' '.
      > > >
      > > > The "Tolerate messy white space" option has no affect on this error.
      This is also not a "mixed tabs and spaces" error. Can anyone offer some
      insight into why this error is triggered and how to tolerate whatever
      problem it's picking up?

      > > > Thanks.

    • Michael Mikowski
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 21, 2011
        If anyone besides me is using vim:

        Add this to your .vimrc and then type ;k anytime you want to "klean":
        "=====[ klean - removes trailing whitespace ]=====
        map ;k :%s?\s\+$??<CR>