Re: Unexpected ' '.

  • mocthadoohay
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 21, 2011
      Answering my own question: TextMate: Bundles: Text: Converting/Stripping: Remove Trailing Spaces in Document

      Looks like a must before running thru JSLint.

      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "mocthadoohay" <mocthadoohay@...> wrote:

      > I'm using TextMate. Does anyone know of an automated way to remove extra whitespace from lines? It would be incredibly time consuming to do it manually.
      >
      > Also, why is this error not optional if "Tolerate messy white space" is an option?
      >
      > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Robocoder (TM)" <apang@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Remove all trailing whitespace (tabs and/or spaces) from the ends of lines.
      > >
      > > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "mocthadoohay" <mocthadoohay@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I've been working on a JS file for a week or so with frequent trips thru JSLint along the way. Today, I getting tons of errors that look like this:
      > > >
      > > > Problem at line 243 character 62: Unexpected ' '.
      > > >
      > > > The "Tolerate messy white space" option has no affect on this error. This is also not a "mixed tabs and spaces" error. Can anyone offer some insight into why this error is triggered and how to tolerate whatever problem it's picking up?
      > > >
      > > > Thanks.

    • Rob Richardson
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 21, 2011
        This works nicely for me:

        #!/bin/sh
        cat - | sed s/[ \t]+$//g > &1

        Rob

        Answering my own question: TextMate: Bundles: Text: Converting/Stripping:
        Remove Trailing Spaces in Document

        Looks like a must before running thru JSLint.

        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "mocthadoohay" <mocthadoohay@...> wrote:

        > I'm using TextMate. Does anyone know of an automated way to remove extra
        whitespace from lines? It would be incredibly time consuming to do it
        manually.

        > Also, why is this error not optional if "Tolerate messy white space" is an
        option?

        > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Robocoder (TM)" <apang@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Remove all trailing whitespace (tabs and/or spaces) from the ends of
        lines.

        > > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "mocthadoohay" <mocthadoohay@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I've been working on a JS file for a week or so with frequent trips
        thru JSLint along the way. Today, I getting tons of errors that look like
        this:

        > > > Problem at line 243 character 62: Unexpected ' '.
        > > >
        > > > The "Tolerate messy white space" option has no affect on this error.
        This is also not a "mixed tabs and spaces" error. Can anyone offer some
        insight into why this error is triggered and how to tolerate whatever
        problem it's picking up?

        > > > Thanks.

      • Michael Mikowski
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 21, 2011
          If anyone besides me is using vim:

          Add this to your .vimrc and then type ;k anytime you want to "klean":
          "=====[ klean - removes trailing whitespace ]=====
          map ;k :%s?\s\+$??<CR>