[jslint] Re: "unnamed" Parameter Option

  • sandyhead25
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 21, 2011
      Simple. Change the format of input to an object literal. Then you can have a variable number of named parameters. Consider the following:

      var args = {first: "x", second: "y", third: "z"},
      mycode = function (args) {
      //args.first === "x";
      };

      Here is an actual living example from a real application:
      https://github.com/austincheney/Pretty-Diff/blob/master/markup_beauty.js

      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Robert Ferney <capnregex@...> wrote:

      > 'arguments' is leaving the language?
      > So, how do we handle functions that accept a variable number of arguments?
      >
      > - Robert Ferney
      >

      > On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 9:11 AM, Douglas Crockford <douglas@...>wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "benxwhite" <ben.a.white@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > It would be nice if there was an option to disable the "Use a named
      > > parameter" check.
      > >
      > > arguments will be leaving the language.
      > > Start getting used to not using it.

    • Xavier MONTILLET
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 21, 2011
        I don't get the point of removing arguments if it forces you to ask for an
        array as argument...

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 22, 2011
          Could you rephrase that? I am not sure what you are asking.