Running jslint.js from the commandline

  • randy_sargent_999
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19 5:26 AM
      I had difficulty finding an up-to-date version of jslint.js that worked from the commandline and was easy to set up, so I wrote one myself. It's a short ruby script, and requires a local JavaScript interpreter to be in your path as well (e.g. rhino). The script grabs the latest jslint.js from http://www.jslint.com/jslint.js each time it runs. Errors are formatted similarly to compiler error messages, so it should be easy for your editor to jump directly to each problem.

      Download from http://randy.sargentclan.com/javascript-lint-and-other-tools

      Usage:

      jslint.rb [option:value option:value ...] file1.js file2.js ... fileN.js

      Check yourfile.js with default options:
      jslint.rb yourfile.js

      Check file1.js and file2.js, assuming code will run in browser and allowing development expressions (e.g. console, alert)
      jslint.rb browser:true devel:true file1.js file2.js

      For all options, browse to http://www.jslint.com/lint.html

      -- Randy
    • mattman_iflaf
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2012
        Hi,

        I know it might be a bit of an ask, but any chance of providing a python wrapper ?

        Just on the off chance you know Python as well as ruby... I don't know ruby :(

        cheers

        Matt